Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 9 of Thanks…



Day 9 of Thanks…

Today I am grateful for my mom. She is an amazing woman who would do anything for her kids and grandkids.

My mom is not only my mom, but is one of my best friends. She is one of my biggest cheerleaders and also the one that brings me back in to reality.

She has stood next to me through everything. She has hugged me, cried with me, laughed with me, complained with me and just loved me.

I have the "privilege" of bowling with my mom on Thursdays. My mom has bowled forever and about 5 years ago one of the other teams needed a sub. Well it ended up being permanent. I love that I have that time with my mom every Thursday. I wish I could bowl half as good as her, but maybe one day I will be able to throw the nasty curve ball that she does!

I love that my mom's favorite show is QVC. That is our Sunday dinner discussion about what new item was bought on QVC that morning. She loves in the Kitchen with whoever and will buy anything that is one sale. One of the items we love to tease her about is her curry lid. My mom has never made curry, but she had to have the curry lid. Maybe one day we will get some curry.

My mom keeps house like nobody else. It cracks me up when she says her house is a mess. The President could stop by at any time and it would probably be cleaner than the White House.

I love my mom and have no idea what I would do without her. It is absolutely amazing to me to watch her in everything she does, but especially the with my grandma the last 2 weeks that we had with her. Her compassion, her love, her knowledge and her acceptance was everything I hope to have one day. She took care of my grandma in way I know made my Nana proud.

I love you mom, and couldn't ask for anyone better.

1 comment:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yay for Mom's!

I didn't know you bowled. That is so awesome. Do you have a cool bowling shirt? That is a must post!!!