Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 1 of Thanks…


Day 1 of Thanks…

Today I am grateful for Danaka (yes, I am going to be "thankful" for Jayci, but just went oldest to youngest).

Danaka came in to my life very early on, I remember thinking how on earth am I ever going to have a kid at 16 and ever make it through. Looking back on it now, life would have been easier to have her later, but I can't imagine not having her the way she is at this very moment.

Danaka truly is one of my best friends. She has been with me through some very tough times and I will forever be grateful for her, her attitude and her love for me.

She is a great sister to Jayci, even though she loves to drive her crazy, she is so awesome with Jayci. I love sitting at home and watching those 2 interact. I thought with them being 12 years apart that they wouldn't have much interaction, but I was so wrong.

I love the way Jayci looks at Danaka, wanting to be just like her. I can't think of a better role model for Jayci than Danaka.

Danaka is so talented at everything she has ever put her mind to. She dances, cheers, plays softball, played volleyball and so many other things. She is a fantastic student, having a 4.0 this term is amazing. Where she gets her smarts from is beyond me.

I get so sad when the thought of Danaka only being a "kid" for 3 ½ more years. She will be out of high school at that time, and off making a life in college. 3 ½ years, it seems like 18 years will never come and I am facing that change of our lives sooner that I would like.

I hope Danaka knows how proud I am of her, how much I love her and how truly grateful I am that she is my daughter and that Heavenly Father has trusted me to raise her.

1 comment:

Amander said...

This is such a sweet post - it almost made me cry! You have raised an amazing girl.

(And that picture is beautiful, both of Danaka and just the picture itself!)