Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4 of Thanks…



Day 4 of Thanks…


Topic for today, my job.


Funny this came up today. I was a little frustrated when I left work today, but everyone has those days huh?


I currently work for SecurityNational Mortgage Company. I am in their IT department, and as I tell everyone, "no I am not a computer geek"! I am over the mortgage system that our branches use to process files.


I really do love my job and feel very blessed to have it. It came very unexpected in March of 05. I wasn't looking for a job, when one day my brother-in-law, who also works with me, said that Thayne was looking for someone to help with mortgage files. I had known Thanye a long time, he was in my ward growing and lived across the street from my parents.


I had dealt with mortgages and financing when I was working for credit unions. I was happy with where I was, but thought I needed to check it out.


I am so glad that I did. I have met some fantastic people that I would not have had the pleasure to know. I have been given opportunities that I would not have had elsewhere. They were so good to work with me when I was on bed rest with J and through now. I am able to attend the things that I need to for Danaka and Jayci without worry.


It has been so fun to be able to work with my brother-in-law Josh for the past 6 years and my little brother (up until last Friday L) for the past 3 years.


I really do love my job and am grateful that I have a way to support myself and my girls.

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Seriously, the more I know the details of your life...the more I see Heavenly Fathers hand in it. He has truly had your back.

Amander said...

Well, I think SNMC is super lucky to have YOU. Seriously, don't tell the others, but you are by far the best person in the IT department :)