Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 8 of Thanks…



This post is a planned post, today is my Dad's birthday and I needed to be "thankful" for him today.


I can't even put in to words how much I love my dad. He is the greatest guy I know. He has loved me through thick and thin and has always been there to listen, to support, to complain to, to cry to, to laugh with, and love.


He would do anything for me and I know that he is always there. I have given him a lot of heartaches and headaches along the way, but that has never changed how he felt about me.


I remember in high school when I was late coming home and he would get so mad. Most of those nights came he had to come looking for me and they ended with me flying up the drive way and running down the stairs to my room before he could get out of his car. I remember thinking "just chill" its only a half hour late. But being a parent of a teenager now, I know it was more a fear thing that something may have happened.


There were many times my dad should have killed me, 1 time being when me and my friends took my sister's car when I was in 8th grade. Well we were going to take it until I knew that my parents would find out. I got about half way down the driveway when I decided that it wasn't a good idea so I pulled back in. Only my foot never came off of the gas and I crashed in to the garage wall. I ruined a couch, a stereo, scratched the heck out of my sisters hood. They were getting ready for a garage sale, but lets just say after my stunt, the dumps was the only place that would take anything that was in front of that car. I thought for sure I was dead. After my mom "found" me at my friend's house we pulled in the driveway. I said my peace and waited for the worse, but all he said was "nice job slick" here is the shovel go clean up the dog S^*#! Funny times huh dad!


Another time with my dad is when I rear ended a truck after I had had my license exactly 1 month to the day. I remember calling him from the payphone thinking he is going to kill me, but the only thing of that entire conversation I remember was him asking me if I was alright, where I was and that he would be there as soon as he could.


One of the biggest moments in my relationship with my dad is when my parents found out I was pregnant. I didn't give them much time to take it all in. I was 33 weeks they found out. That night I was downstairs in my room crying because I had no idea what to do. My dad came down stood in the doorway told me how much he loved me and would support me in whatever decision I made concerning Danaka.


My dad is such an amazing guy that has overcome everything thrown at him. I won't go into detail, but my dad was the White Sheep in a black sheep family. How he did what he did absolutely amazes me. I love him so much and am so glad that I get to call him mine! Happy Birthday Pa, I love you!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm totally laughing and crying right now. You have an AMAZING dad!! Happy Birthday to him, and thanks for the memory, I don't remember going to my house after that happened and your mom coming to "find" you.....

Sovic Clan said...

I too am laughing and crying! What is with us and trying to steal cars for joy rides? Goodness, it's a miracle our parents still talk to us:) Oh wait, mine still don't know about the truck!! LOL! What a great dad you have!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Hahahahahaha....I remember being SO thankful that I was not a part of the whole car/garage deal!!! LOL

SO funny. I am going to be laughing all day long.

I remember wondering why Greg was not DEAD....I thought for sure your Dad would have killed him!

Happy Birthday to your awesome Dad!