Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 5 of Thanks…

Day 5 of Thanks…

This topic is a hard topic for me. the topic that was picked is Larry and Vera (Greg's Parents)

I really am blessed to have the relationship that I do with Larry and Vera. I still live behind them, and we are in the same ward.

Larry and Vera watch Jayci 2 ½ days a week, and watched Danaka when she was younger. I am so grateful for their willingness to help out.

Even after everything that has happened, Larry and Vera still make me feel welcome and are always there to help when needed. They still remember me on holidays and birthdays. They go out of their way to show that they still care about me and love me.

They love my girls so much and I am so glad that my girls still get to see them all the time. If it wasn't for the fact that we live where we do and that they watch J, I am not sure how much my girls would get to see them. My girls need that interaction, because Larry and Vera and truly great people and great grandparents.

The reason why this topic is so hard, is because, to be honest, there are days when it is hard to see them. I love my relationship Larry and Vera, and still feel like I can talk to them as if I were still a member of their family, but then I am reminded that I am not a part of their family and that makes me so sad. I loved being a part of the Turner clan, not just because of Larry and Vera but because of his sisters and brother-in-laws, his nieces and nephews, his "other" sister Cyleste and all of his extended family. I love them all, and am grateful for the time that I was able to be a part of their family.

1 comment:

Amander said...

I appreciate this post - it's very sweet.

I actually feel that same way about my ex-fiance's parents/family. Whenever I think of them I am so sad I am not a part of their family (although I'm not ever sad I'm not with him, go figure).

It's great your girls get to see them so much.