Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ho Ho Ho Came!

Christmas was so much fun this year. Danaka appreciated all the fun things about Christmas, the lights, the music and just being around family. Jayci learned to say Ho Ho Ho so every where and still everywhere we go, she is saying Ho Ho Ho. She wasn't too fond of Santa, but did like her presents.

We had a couple of family Christmas parties this year where Santa came , but Jayci wanted nothing to do with him. Even the awesome Santa and Mrs. Claus that came that read a story, sang songs and even must have read their naughty and nice list because they knew all about each kid there. They gave each kid a gift and Candy cane.

On Christmas morning, we got up at 6:00 to open presents. My mom, dad and brother came down, to watch with Greg and I as the girl's opened their presents.

Danaka got a new cell phone, a new camera, clothes, jewelry, shoes, Itunes gift card, visa gift card and other fun things.

Jayci got clothes, a new car seat (what a smart Santa), a leap pad table, books and other things. She did not upwrap 1 gift. She saw her table and that was it.

After we opened presents here, we went to my mom and dad's to open our gifts from them.

I got $$$ for new carpet Yeah ME! and the typical Christmas stuff, movies, socks, calendar and so on.... I had a great Christmas and am so glad Santa still visits us. The girls got lots of fun and nice stuff from both sets of Grandparents, The Keddingtons, Chris and Danica, Dana, Jackie and my Nana.

After that we went to my grandma's for breakfast, then the girls went to Turner's to open presents with their cousins. Thanks grandma and grandpa Turner.

And after that WE CRASHED. We all went to sleep and slept in! Even Ms. Jayci. Here are few pics of Christmas Day.

One part about Christmas that I loved so much this year, was the chance to learn to make my Nana's famous fruit cakes that she makes at Thanksgiving and Christmas. "Yuck" you might be thinking, but they are not your typical fruit cakes. They are actually called a Poor Man's Fruit Cake. They are almost a cocoa bread with nuts and raisins. She was telling me that the receipe was her mom's who got it from her mom. How neat that I now have that I can make that a tradition with my girls. Thanks Nana for a great time. I love you!

3 comments:

Amander said...

Lovely Christmas!

I love making "family tradition recipes" too - it's so fun to think that generations have been preparing the same things for their families and friends.

Tiffany said...

What a nice Christmas!! I MISS YOU!! I hope you're doing well its nice to finally see some new posts from you!!

Sovic Clan said...

How fun! Your girls are so cute! It looks like you had a great Christmas!!