Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Take me out to the Ball Game!


The past 2 years Danaka has played softball, last year was a horrible year, Danaka did great, but we just won't get in to the coaching staff, this year however was Awesome. Danaka moved up to play 14 & Up. I was so worried about her moving up, but now am so grateful that she did. She had terrific coaches, Mike, Brad, Brian and Ryan. They cared out about the girls, but also liked winning. Danaka's team didn't win one game last year, so this year to win all but 2 was so much fun.


Danaka mostly played short and second, and when they played a harder team that could hit far, she would play the outfield. There was one game where she was standing in right field and a ball came towards her, a little high, I thought no way, I know what a bad mom, but dance came in to play and she did a little leap backwards and caught the ball. She looked at her glove in amazement, then looked at me holding it up. I was so excited for her and the look on her face was priceless.




Danaka's team the "wild frogs" had an awesome season. They do this one thing were someone yells "Wild" and the all yell "Frogs" and get into position. I love it.


They came in second place, but had to play on a Saturday after closing ceremonies, because they were tied with the only team they had lost too, and we were the only team they had lost too. It was an exciting game, but they ended up losing. But hey second place is great.

Thanks to the coaches this year, and thanks to the Vandertoolen's for making Dan move up and for helping me out so much. You guys are great.








Danaka, I am so proud of you. You came so far this year, and I am so excited to continue to watch you grow in a sport that you love so much. Way to go MuNcHkIn!







1 comment:

Amander said...

Danaka is totally gorgeous! Congrats on her awesome season!

(And also, love those b&w pictures on the "skiing" post!)