Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Out with the old, and in with new…But not intentionally

On Friday, April 17th, I was in a car accident, you wouldn't think by looking at the pictures that my car would have been total loss, but it was, so I had to say goodbye.



The accident was kindof scary. Here is the story. We were heading east bound to take Danaka to her game. The road splits into 2 eastbound lanes a little bit before a Walmart entrance. I had just changed lanes. The lane next to me was backed up, but a truck had just left enough room from a guy heading westbound to make a left turn into Walmart, by the time I saw him it was too late. Note to all you moms out there, NEVER, I repeat never throw your arm in front of your child sitting in the front seat. I did and took a nice trip to the hospital for a minor case of whiplash and a lot of strained muscles on the right side. I knew I was okay, in A LOT of pain but nothing serious, but as a "precaution" still visited the ER. My girls thank goodness were perfect, and I was better in a few days.


It was all the other drivers fault which is good for me, and I got a new car out of it. I love my new car but miss my grand prix.

Accident Pics:




My New Joy Ride...

6 comments:

Amander said...

It always is sad to say good-bye to a former car - I almost cried when I sold mine.

Your new one is very pretty, though!

Krystal said...

glad you're okay... nice upgrade too :)

Sovic Clan said...

Love the new one!!

Tiffany said...

I love your new one!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you really are ok. I have always wondered what would happen if I tried to put my arm out to "save" my child. Now we all know....bruising and owee muscles. Ick.

I like your new vehicle. You'll get used to it and love it too. I hope!
Love ya!

mh said...

I'm so glad you are all okay!