Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy 80th Birthday Nana

February 11th was my Nana's 80th birthday. We planned a surprise Luau for her. It was my job or should I say my privilege to take my Nana to have her hair done that day, she thought that we were just all meeting for dinner. All day she kept telling me, you guys aren't planning anything other than dinner right? I will not be happy if you are. My nana has never given me the third degree, but I guess there is a first for everything.



We invited tons of family and some great friends. We rented out a building to have it in so that we would have enough room. For those of you that don't know my uncle is Tongan and does shows with this family. They are always so much fun. I use to hula with my cousins when I was little, but started to develop a little bit of a complex when I was the only white girl out there, and I have to admit I just couldn't shake it like they can.




My aunt made tons of great food, pulled pork, salads, everything you can imagine at a Luau. My cousin Nicci, made the cake and it was beautiful. I am not one to take pics of food, but I couldn't resist on this.




It was my other Aunt's job to get my nana there, and she did great. She told her that she just had to pick Jackie (mu aunt) up for dinner, because my uncle was out of town.




The grandkids each got to say something about Nana, the ones that spoke did great. My sister did the best poem about my nana. If you want to read it click here She did a great job. Since I am not a great writer and not the best talker I decided to make a video of my grandmas life. It was so fun to see all the pictures and learn a little bit more about my sweet Nana.




It was a great party, and a great way to honor and FANTASTIC woman. I love you Nana.

1 comment:

Amander said...

Yay for lots of updates!

Your grandma sounds like an amazing woman - and I am sure she loved having that party to honor her :)