Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Skiing…

I love to ski, and love that Danaka shares in my love. A few years ago Santa brought Danaka ski lessons, she had so much fun learning it that she wanted to do it again the next year. My parents thought it would be fun for the grandkids to all learn so that is their gift to the girls for Christmas. We had so much this year. All of them (Danaka, K'Lynn and Kandace) are all so fun. It is funny to see personalities come through on the slopes. Danaka likes speed and jumps but is cautious. K'Lynn is a lot like me, take it slow and enjoy the ride, Kandace on the other had scares me. She is quite the dare devil. I remember one time last year taking her down the bunny hill, she wated to go fast, so down she came, I am skiing behind her and thought for sure she was going to hit the tree that quickly coming up. I yelled Kandace sit, Kandace sit, Kandace sit down. She did just as I said the third time, got up laughing and said that was fun. This past season Kandace came down way before anyone else in her class and when she was asked where her teacher was she simply replied "He was too slow, so I left".

Since I had Jay, I don't get to ski as much as I would like, so we all have our little party in the lodge while the girls are off skiing.

I love the mountains and I love skiing, I love being up there with Danaka, just doing something that we both love and no pressure to perform or ski a certain way.

Thanks for a good season Danaka. I can't wait for next year.


Have I said how much I love being up there.






Jayci trying to get gloves on to head out…2 more years Jay and you will be out there.





She is one cute skiing chick!!!

No comments: