Sunday, October 12, 2008

Turner Girl Update!

Wow...it has been a very busy and fun few months. Here is just a few things that we have been up to....

- Danaka started Jr High....Wow my baby is in Jr High. She wasn't as nervous as I thought she would be. I think the way that they introduce 7th graders to Jr High is great. They do a 7th grade back to school night, where they can go with their parents, walk around the school to find all of their classes and their lockers. The 7th graders actually start school on Friday. It is just them and they go to all of their classes, meet their teachers and just get a feel for the school. I so wish they did that when I started. I think it would have eased my fears! She really has adjusted well, ad I couldn't be prouder of her.

- Annual Labor Day Homestead Trip. For the last several years on Labor Day we go up to Midway to stay at the Homestead. We go to Swiss Days and just hang out. We always have a lot of fun, and it was so nice to just get away, even if it were just for a few days.

- Girls Night Out to the State Fair. We had a great time. I took the girls and went an enjoyed a night at the fair. Jayci had a great time looking at everything. She absolutely loves her stoller so it makes that so easy. Danaka enjoys all the rides, one ride she went on, I had to put my head down. Those rides SCARE me....I just think they are put up way too fast, but that may just be the over protective mother in me. She also loves the bungee ride they have. They get harnesed in and get five minutes to jump and flip and just have fun.

- Yummy Yummy Greek Festival....For those of you that have not ever been to the Greek Festival down town, you must go next year. It is such good food, very much worth the wait and the money.
I feel like for the first time since Jayci was born my life is in a great rountine. So hopefully that means that I can update my blog at least once a week if not more.

The girls are both doing great.
Danaka is a typical Jr High girl. She is dancing again this year, and is, I think enjoying it more than ever! We had to make some changes this year, and they seem to all be working out. I am really looking forward to watching her grow in dance again this year!

Jayci is growing like a weed. It seems like she went from newborn to baby over night. She is into everything, she is crawling, she is talking. It is so fun to watch her, but I can't believe how fast everything has gone by. She is almost 11 months. I can't believe this time next month I will be getting ready for her first birthday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you girls are having way too much fun..im jealous

Sovic Clan said...

You have such beautiful girls! How lucky are you!! We should do lunch!! Saturdays are best for me. Let me know when is good for you!

Tiffany said...

I'm so happy to finally hear from you!! You're girls are beautiful, I'm happy you're all having fun! Hopefully talk to you soon!

Amander said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging again! Now if I can just talk you in to going to breakfast with me... :)

I can't believe Danaka is in junior high!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Sounds like life is good!
Time seems to fly when you have kids to show you how old you are getting!

I would love to get together. I have been promising peeps that I will make it out soon and have a girls night!