Sunday, October 19, 2008

This Is The Place...

Okay, before I get in to our day of fun, I just have to share this funny story. For whatever reason I enjoy doing hair. Since Danaka thinks "She's too old" for me to do her hair all cutesy and Jayci doesn't quite have enough I love when my nieces come and stay with me, perfect time to do someones hair. Anyway a couple months back I had the girls and I did Kandace's hair. She told Angela that "I really like the way Mindi does hair, but sometimes it just hurts", I must put the ponytails in a little too tight! So Saturday I was getting Kandace ready I was trying to keep that in mind. I made sure the ponytails at the bottom were very loose. Well Ms. Kandace being her funny little self, looks at me and says "I would really like my hair better Mindi, if only I could look down". I guess I still had the ponytails a little too tight. I promise to work on that, but it does make for a funny story.

So this past Saturday, I was able to take Danaka, Jayci and my 2 nieces to "This is the Place Heritage Park". I had never heard of it before, but every year around the middle of October - Halloween the kids can dress up in their costumes,(we opted not to, because the girl's costumes were way too hot, so Angela found these cute, cute Halloween shirts for them to wear instead.) and go trick or treating to different parts of the park. They have arts and crafts, a corn maze, face painting, pony rides and halloween stories told by a not so scary witch :-). We had a great time. I love being able to spend any time I can with my nieces and my girls. Hope you guys had as much fun as I did. Thanks for a great day!

5 comments:

Amander said...

What a fun day! I wish I had adorable nieces to play with. And yes, you should probably not do pony tails so tight that Kandace can't look down. Too funny :)

Sovic Clan said...

Cute pictures! It looks like they had alot of fun!! You are such a nice mom and aunt!!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

So cute. Danika looks like she would rather be somewhere else, but she made the best of it. (Am I right?) Sorry if not.

You were able to get some way cute pictures!!

Tiffany said...

Way cute pictures!!!! Jayci is SO big and CUTE!!

Keddington Chronicles said...

I Jane thank you (mo mo???) for taking kids to mountains while Tarzan gets food for winter!!! Much Thanks!!! :0 lol -Angela-