Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reflections, Birthday, lunch and a Moose

Well another year has come and gone. I feel like in so many ways I am just stuck, but honestly other than needing to lose a few pounds :) I am happy! It has been a long time since I have been able to say that I am truly happy and like the "Me" that is here.


I don't know about anyone else, but it is always my birthday, not New Years that I reflect on the last year and the things that have come and gone. There are so many wonderful things that have happened this past year, but the most important things are my girls and the beautiful people they are becoming. I am so lucky to be their mom. There are days that questions come in to my head and most times out my mouth that "I don't have this and I don't have that", "why does that person, they don't deserve I do", but then I remember, (mostly I am reminded by those that love me) that I have what is most important and that is my girls. I have a good job, a roof over my head, an awesome family and the best friends anyone could ask for, and I am finally getting to where I want and need to be as far church is concerned. So for the most part, what else could I ask for....other than Prince Charming ;)
__________________________________________________
My birthday was so fun this year, it started out with a text from Danaka (who was just in the basement getting ready), Jayci waking to say "Its your birfday huh mom, I want to come to your birfday, when does it start", a phone call from Greg's parents and 2 of his nieces singing Happy Birthday. I am so glad they still think of me and go out of their way to remember my birthday.

Later that day, I was treated to a YUMMY lunch at Benihana by my great friend Amanda. Thanks again. We have decided that will now be our birthday tradition.











That night, was time for a Massage! My mom, my sister and now my sister-in-law have been going to get massages on eachothers birthdays for about 5 years. That is our gift to each other we pay for the birthday person's massge. Bryce was my massage therapist this time and let me just say if you want an AWESOME massage go to Sanctuary at Fashion Place and ask for Bryce. Heaven. After our massages we had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. When we told them it was my birthday they asked if I wanted a desseret for my birthday, You bet, just didn't know til the check came that they charge ya!








Not one of my better pics! But whatever right?

All in all it was a great day. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes that I got!
_________________________________________________
On Saturday the 2nd, I was able to meet 3 of the greatest people for lunch. Jenny lives in Logan and we love it we she comes to visit us!










After lunch, Melissa and I took the kids to see the changing leaves and walked around Silver Lake at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon. I have never been up there with no snow. It is right below Brighton ski resort which is my favorite place to ski.

Mel's kids are so cute, and were so fun to watch with J. They fed the ducks, we saw a big Moose, and just walked around. Thanks for the invite Mel.











































4 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

Yay for a Mindi post! I love it! I too often reflect on the year around my birthday. I had such a great time at lunch and up at the lake! Love ya!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE YOU!!! Hooray you posted!!!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Love that picture of us....Chins and chests UP!!
We look hot for being 29!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Oh, crap....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!