Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

We had such a great Christmas this year. I am so grateful for the opportunity to just watch my girls excitement, that to me is what Christmas is all about.

A funny thing happened, Jayci has been begging me every day, for I don't know how long, about going to Disneyland. I finally just had to tell her that I didn't have the money to take her and one day when my prince charming walks through the door maybe then I will have enough money to take her. Well Christmas morning my parents (aka Grandma and Pappi) surprised with a trip to Disneyland in July with the whole family. They gave my girls snowglobes that had a disney character inside and a recorded message that said "Merry Christmas Jayci/Danaka, you're going to Disneyland". Jayci just stood there with this perplexed look on her face, she didn't say a word and just kept looking back and forth and me and my parents. About 2 minutes later she just looked and my parents and said, "we can't go to Disneyland, my mom doesn't have any cash". Crazy kid...she is too smart and takes things too literally.

One of my favorite gifts next to Disneyland and watching my girls, was my awesome new cake toy that my sister and my brother gave me. It is the Duff™ Airbrush Machine. I am so excited to make some more cakes and try it out. I have found my stress relief in life and making cakes is one of them.

My girls both had a great Christmas, here are just a few things that they got:

Danaka
Toshiba Notebook
Cash
Shoes
Makeup
Clothes, Clothes and more Clothes

Jayci
My First Disney Priness Carriage that turns in to a large playhouse type thing :) (like my description) Why Santa brings gifts that just cause stress over where to put them, I will have to have a talk with that WOman!
Priness dolls
Everything princess
Clothes
Books

A part of Christmas, that made me so happy, yet so sad at the same time was that Greg's parents have been called and accepted a mission to be temple workers in Navoo. I am so happy for them, but sad that my little Jayci won't be watched by them any more, and I am not going to lie, I am going to miss them. Larry and Vera are still a huge part of my life and I am so grateful for that. I love them just as if I was still a part of their family. I am so grateful for the willingness to help with both of my girls and with things that I have needed. I am so glad that they are going to serve though, I know it is something that they have both wanted very much.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...Here's to a new year.

3 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

LOL....love the story! That girl. So cute!!!

It is so hard to find people that you can trust with your precious babies.

I hope they enjoy their mission. Sounds way cool!

Miss you. I decided that you guys need to come down here!!!!!

Sovic Clan said...

What a great Christmas! I can just picture Jayci's face:) Miss you!!

Amander said...

Disneyland?! How fun!